my nighttime basal. This is something I will try next time my bedtime blood
sugar level is lower than I am comfortable with.

Barb

In a message dated 12/28/2004 10:10:26 P.M. Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

Date:  Tue, 28 Dec 2004 10:49:10 -0500
From: "Gayle L. Nash"  <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] thanks  Mr. Jeff for the  aha moment

Scrolling through Mr. Jeff's diary, I had an aha moment.  When he was 78 at
bedtime (and on his diet), instead of eating/drinking  something not on the
plan, he lowered his basal for the night and went to  bed. I have been
pumping for 18 months, and have often complained that  having to consume 8
ounces of OJ and a handful of cookies or eat a sandwich  in order to go to
bed was ruining my diet because if I am not well over 100  (more like 125) at
bedtime, I will hit a low in the night. And this rarely  happens so my basals
prior to bedtime are working pretty well. It never  occurred to me just to
lower my nighttime basal and go to bed. Go figure!  (But I would check it
again before going to bed to be sure it was not going  lower and lower--and I
am not sure I have the faith to do that) Does anyone  else do this --lower
their basal and go to bed?

Anyway, thank  you,Jeff, you have given me something to think  about!

Gayle