RE: [IP] FW: South Beach, Day 3, pt. 2

One last thing:

Insulin Usage:		42.2/37.8 basal (due to the reduced basal overnight)

-----Original Message-----
From: Dempsey, Jeff [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2004 2:51 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] FW: South Beach, Day 3, pt. 2

The day got better, as we signed for the house.  We went to the red
crustacean restaurant to celebrate, and I partook of one of those
crustaceans.  At least the tail...

Now, for the particulars:

Breakfast kind of melded into lunch, and the blood sugars stayed in the 70's
range:

BG (12:15)                 74        (Doing light work around the house, so
kept the insulin and food out of the mix)

BG (4:10)                   68        I felt it falling, so I had some
cookies at the house closing. )

BG (5:10)                   122     (Right on the money!  The cookies I ate
were dark chocolate with a wafer underneath)

Ate steak and lobster for dinner (celebration with Mrs. Jeff) with
vegetables, shrimp, and stuffed mushrooms.  The waitress told me there were
some bread crumbs in the mushrooms, so I bolused two units for those.

BG (8:15)                   197     Feeling cranky, so I tested, and bolused
2.5 units to bring it down.  Packing house #1, so light work is considered
for this part of the day.

Comments:

Well, I went a little off today with the Capri Sun and the cookies, but my
BG never went above 200!  This is nice, and tomorrow (well, actually today,
as it is 3am) looks to be better.  Current BG is 74.  No basal rate change
for me now.

Take care,

Jeff

  _____