Re: [IP] Re: high BG

At 9:37 AM -0500 12/28/04, Robert Boyd wrote:
>>For forty-five years I've tried to understand why a diabetic would
>>be born with a sweet tooth. Alas, it just seems so wrong.
>
>I think God has a sense of humor.  That is HOW I explain my sweet
>tooth.  I don't just have ONE slice of the pie - I eat HALF the pie
>!!!  Explain again when I wake up with a 430 BG how this is not
>cheating !

When I wake up with a 430 Bg I believe I have made a terrible mistake
or there has been an unfortunate accident with an infusion set.  The
closest any definition below comes to what you experience may be in
Merriam-Websters 3rd definition of the transitive sense of the word
in that you are "cheating death", but it is definitely not by
'outwitting'.  To me, the "authorities" have imposed a moralistic
view on our control and I do not need that.  I choose to control my
life based upon my choices, not on others judgements and prejudices.

 From Merriam-Webster:

Function:  verb
transitive senses
1 : to deprive of something valuable by the use of deceit or fraud
2 : to influence or lead by deceit, trick, or artifice
3 : to elude or thwart by or as if by outwitting <cheat death>
intransitive senses
1 a : to practice fraud or trickery b : to violate rules dishonestly
(as at cards or on an examination)
2 : to be sexually unfaithful -- usually used with on

 From Wikipedia:

Cheating can be to create an unfair advantage, usually in one's own
interest, and often at the expense of others. The term cheating
usually refers to the breaking of rules but not laws; activities that
are actually illegal are usually referred to as corruption or fraud.

A common occurrence of cheating is in education, where it takes a
number of forms. Cheating can be on tests where a cheater can copy
off another person, sneak in notes, or share information with others.
On essays and assignments cheating most often takes the form of
plagiarism. Cheating is considered both unethical and immoral by
most, and faces stiff punishment if discovered. Nonetheless it is
quite common.

Another sphere where cheating is not illegal but merits stiff
penalties and opprobrium is in sport. This can include taking
performance-enhancing drugs such as steroids.

Cheating can also mean infidelity, particularly adultery.

George   (faithful to my wife, but adulterous with Banana Cream Pie?)       ;>P