[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V8 #621

>A raw lizard egg has 4.5 grams of carbs and 3.9 fat grams. Personally   I
>prefer mine scrambled and do not know how that alters the nutrient
>count.  B.W.

I don't think cooking alters the nutrient count, at least as long as
you don't scorch the food.  What it does is drive off (or add, in the
case of foods like boiled pasta) water, so if you are going by weight
and you are weighing the uncooked ingredients, you go by the raw
nutrient amounts.  If you are weighing the cooked food, you go by the
nutrient amounts for the cooked food.  If you are measuring by values
such as one egg, it doesn't matter.
--
Sue Ann Bowling, North Pole, Alaska