[IP] Re: Carb Counts on "Fear Factor"

At 11:02 PM -0500 12/27/04, email @ redacted wrote:
>A raw lizard egg has 4.5 grams of carbs and 3.9 fat grams. Personally   I
>prefer mine scrambled and do not know how that alters the nutrient
>count.  B.W.
>.

It depends if you use milk in your scrambled egg recipe!   Safer bet
would be to have them hard boiled.  Speaking of which, let me give
everyone a warning.  The Carb count of a Hard-Boiled Ostrich Egg
would be approx 13.4 grams, 151 gms Protein and 127 gms of Fat.  The
warning is that you have to boil it for 40 minutes, there is no 3
minute Ostrich Egg unless you want a really runny poached one!
(Poached, the Protein count is the same, but Carb drops to 9.1 gms
and the Fat to 119 gms)

George    ;>)