No Subject

Some type 1s go low without any warning and can't treat themselves for low
blood sugar. --I know I'm a broken record. You've heard it all before--  My
husband had his first convulsion in January of 1981; he was diagnosed in May
of 1978.  He had no warning he was that low at all.

Just woke up, kissed me and had a convulsion.  I've never forgotten it!  He
had many after that, too as well as a lot of lows that he never seemed to be
able to notice for himself and treat.  Hypoglycemic unawareness in spades!

So?  Would I keep a glucagon kit around for lows in a newly diagnosed
diabetic child?  I sure would!  I never even knew there was such a thing
until about 8 years ago and I always keep it handy even though since my
husband has been on the pump he hasn't needed even 1 shot of glucagon.
Insurance? Back-up?  Call it what you like.

Take charge with a pop-up guard built on patented Microsoft. SmartScreen
Technology.

  Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN. Premium right now and get the
first two months FREE*.