[IP] upgrading?

There have been countless posts on this.  After just 1 year, I'm sure it
would be cost prohibitive to attempt to "upgrade" from a 508 to a 512.  I
doubt that either MiniMed or your insurance carrier would be very helpful.
I waited until the warranty expired (4 yrs) on my 508 and had no difficulty
whatsoever obtaining a 512.  The upgrade was a breeze and I paid nothing.
Good Luck!