[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V8 #619

>My endo teaches total nutrient counting. That formula is: total carbs+1/2
>  protein+1/4 fat in determining before meal bolus.

That's the formula I was looking for, thanks.

>So, I would think that the crickets and daddy longlegs are almost
>pure protein, in which case weigh the critters and then dived by 20
>.

Maybe OK for dried (though even then the chitin would throw you off),
but I suspect fresh insects would have a large part of their weight
as water.  Chicken breast meat, which has no carbohydrate and very
little fat, still has only about a quarter of its weight as protein.
And don't some insects have a fairly high fat content, especially
grubs?
--
Sue Ann Bowling, North Pole, Alaska