Re: [IP] ppl that want to unsub

At 02:18 PM 12/23/2004, you wrote:
> > Are these the people that rode on the little yellow bus?  Can  they NOT
> read
>  > the bottom of each email that says this information? It just makes me
> wonder
>
>In defense of people being put down ....
>
>Often sending a message to help address doesn't result in any
>response.  Or it will result in a message several hours later.  The
>last time I had to make a subscription change, it took two messages to
>do it.
>
>Most lists unsubscribe immediately, which confuses the issue.

People can actually unsubscribe immediately.  All instructions are sent to
all new members with the subscription messages.  It is from my experience
that most either don't read portions of messages or don't read messages at
all.   We have a few members that use the unsubscribe feature but most ask
the admins to do it.  Everyone must realize that we do have lives outside
of the IP.  I know for me I am going to hit about 100,000 emails from the
IP list this year alone.  That is a lot of email to see.

Brian
One of the Volunteer Administrators