[IP] I am so very lucky

 I have been type 1 since 6/66 and pumping since 1/80. I have seen many posts
concerning some of the dreaded complications associated with Diabetes. Lost
toes, feet, blindness, kidney failure, the list goes on and on. My question is
this, why do some people suffer from these problems so much quicker than others.
I do not feel that my control is that much better than anybody else on this
list, I have the same problems with control you all do, but for what ever reason
I have been lucky enough to have stalled the onset of most of the complications.
If any of you out there feel the way I do please contact me as to what you have
done in order to keep youself free of complications.

Wendell