[IP] DKA advise

my daughter Shelby 12, woke me up at 5am this morning throwing up, her site
had come out. We changed the site, gave a shot. drank lots of fluid and after
awhile went back to sleep, woke up around 7:30, throwing up again. b/s over
500.  change insulin, do another shot. still coulnt get b/s down. She was not
sick by  the way. Took to the ER, they gave her IV's and her b/s came down
within a  couple of hours. What did I miss?
 DX July 03
Kel