[IP] Coming out of my Cave....

Hello All!
It has probably been almost 2 years since I have posted anything to the list.
The reason being, I have been in school....Nursing School! I Graduated on
December 9th.  I started school because of my pump.  I was a pump trainer for
Disetronic in North Carolina but when I moved to San Antonio, Texas I learned
I had to be a medical professional to be able to train people here. So I
started college at the age of 29, with three small kids (not to mention that
one is autistic/ADHD) and a husband who's in the US Army.
I have to tell you that during my clinical rotations I loved being the subject
matter expert on diabetes and the joy I had talking to patients about pump
therapy.  I even had the opportunity to save someone from a diagnosis of
diabetes. (Doctor was ready to diagnosis based on bg levels while patient was
sick with pneumonia, steriods prescribed, and patient obesity and never
bothered to look at the A1C he ordered a few days before. It couldn't have
been more normal. 5.1!!)   That day I was so thankful, yes I said thankful,
that I was diabetic.  I think the patient's family was ready to buy me a trip
around the world for that.  I'm already setting myself up with a job that will
give me the requirements to have the title of CDE behind my name too.
Also this Christmas Eve marks 17 years with diabetes and New Year's marks 5
years with a pump.  I had a check up yesterday and I have NO COMPLICATIONS.  I
am so thankful for that.
As I said before my husband is in the Army and he has been in Korea since
August while I am here in San Antonio but as with all things in the military,
things change.....we are to moving in the Spring to Fort Campbell, KY. So if
there's anyone on the list that's in that area any tips or info would be
greatly appreciated. Email me directly.

Merry Christmas to Everyone,
Sheila Morris
San Antonio, Tx