[IP] For Canadians interested in DTC

Season's Greetings to all!!  This year's holiday season is extra special for
those of us who have fought to have Revenue Canada recognize that people
with Type 1 Diabetes who use intensive insulin therapy do qualify for the
Disability Tax Credit.

December 15th saw the release of the Technical Advisory Committee for Tax
Reform for Persons with Disabilities release their Tax Fairness report.  Of
particular importance to us is Recommendation 2.5 which asks..
"The federal government ensure that the legislative and administrative
requirements concerning the present interpretation regarding life-sustaining
therapy adequately reflect the time taken for essential preparation,
administration of and necessary recovery from life-sustaining therapy
as recently interpreted in decisions of the Tax Court of Canada."

This recommendation must be adopted by the federal government.  We must see
an end to the unfair practices of the CRA.  If you have applied for, are
considering applying for, know someone who has applied for, or simply agree
with the concept, please write to your MP and ask that he/she support the
implementation of this recommendation.  Make sure that you cc the Minister
of Finance and the Minister of National Revenue.

February 2005 is the next scheduled budget. If we can apply enough pressure
now, this recommendation can be included in that budget.  We have provided a
template at www.diabetesadvocacy.com/TaxCredit.html that can be used if you
are unsure what to write. Enclose pictures of yourself or your loved one.
Show how diabetes has changed your life.

On our homepage, we have posted a link to find out who your MP is if you are
not sure.  Please remember that all letters sent to Parliament do not
require postage.

Please pass this along to other members of your family, your friends, your
diabetes support groups.  We have strength in numbers.  It is time to end
the insanity that has become the norm when dealing with CRA.

Make this a Christmas we will all remember and demand that your MP support
Recommendation 2.5

If you have any further questions or would like further information
regarding the DTC please contact me or look for details on our site.
www.diabetesadvocacy.com