[IP] Which pump to get?

I've got a Minimed 511 and had a Minimed 508 before it for a year.  My
husband is 58 and has been diabetic since May of 1978.

If I were you I'd find a used pump for free somewhere and wait until the new
sentinels have come out before buying a real state of the art set-up.  I'd
be much happier if we had continuous glucose monitoring.  You could just
look at the dial and see if the blood sugar level is going up or down.  I
have more trouble with elevated blood sugars than with falling blood sugars.

I like that "super bolus" that someone thought up, too.  I just did one on
my husband's pump because he hit 15 X 18 or 270.  If I could have watched
the clock so to speak I'd have known he was going up and been able to react
more quickly.

Exercise? Vs Tourtiere & Pizza?  Will he go high or low?  That's always such
a hard question to figure out.

Can you get a three month trial on current pumps to see what you'd like?  We
were shown the Animas and the minimed 508 and went with minimed mostly
because the company had a track record and were upgrading us to a 511 when
it got approval from Health Canada.

I have no kicks with Minimed Canada at all.  I do find the little cap that
holds the battery in gets stuck sometimes on the 511.  It's a real job to
loosen sometimes.  But that's a small gripe.

to offer.

  Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN. Premium right now and get the
first two months FREE*.