[IP] Re: Getting started!

The time has finally come after a year of hoping to get the pump.  <snip>
Is there anything wrong with hooking up myself just to deliver meal boluses
and continue taking my Lantus for my basal insulin?

Since you have never pumped before, *I* am afraid there could be unfortunate
problems you *could* run into. Since so far you have no experience pumping,
it could be unwise. As you know by now, time does quickly fly and the *real*
day will soon be here. Remember all the Y2K stuff? That's almost 5 yrs ago
already. Soon you'll be able to say you started pumping *years ago.* Enjoy
your Christmas vacation and the activities you will be involved in, and
anxiously return home to start this new adventure tethered with freedom and
proper training. That's MHO of which I highly respect.

Jan (46 y/o if you don't count the weekends), dx'd T-1 11/5/50, pmpg
8/23/83) & Bluda II (MM508 8/31/04)
http://www.picturetrail.com/dmBASHpics (and EVOLUTION OF INSULIN PUMPS with
World's Youngest Pumper)

Christmas is weird. What other time of the year do you sit in front of a
dead tree and eat candy out of your socks? ~ George Carlin