[IP] Re: Meter Contamination

>George wrote:
>I  may have missed it, but I don't recall if you ever said WHICH
>One-Touch  meter he uses.
>OneTouch Basic
>OneTouch  SureStep
>OneTouch FastTake
>OneTouch  UltraSmart
>OneTouch Ultra
>OneTouch  Profile
>

>it was a one touch ultra, does that make a difference?  I thought all  the
>  one-touch meters used the same kind of strips. re-advise about the
>meter if it
>does.

With the Ultra, there is no chance of cross-contamination of blood
from that type of strip.  It is only with the OneTouch Profile where
there is a possibility of blood contamination to occur upon placing a
sample on the strip.  The only "negative" to sharing with an Ultra is
that it can skew the averages. One way around this would be to press
the "C" button ahead of applying the sample, thus the meter will take
it as a "control solution" test and not include it in the averages.

George