> it was a one touch ultra, does that make a difference?
> I thought all  the  one-touch meters used the same
> kind of strips. re-advise about the meter if it does.

Hi Alida, Yes there is a big difference in strip technology between the
older "basic" models and the newer models like the Ultra.  As I remember,
this discussion centered around "Could a meter get contaminated, if someone
else used it?"  The answer for an Ultra is extremely low, because blood
never comes in contact with the actual meter, only the strip.  But for a
basic or Profile, the strip fits inside of the meter and blood frequently
migrates to the strip guard.  All of this is a mute point based on how
squeamish you are as I would think reasonable cleaning and disinfecting
would render any of these meters safe for further use.

Mike