Re: [IP] Getting started!

 Best to wait!!!!!!!!! BUT!!! if it was me, I'd hook-up set up the pump and use
it like you said. Be sure the Basal Rates are set at 0.0. and go for it :) You
are going to have to learn to insert the set, clear the bubbles from the tube,
etc. Take along your syringes in case everything goes to pot and have at it. Of
course that is what I would do. Not saying that is what you should do!! :)
Merry Christmas-------------
don

Dan & Marcia Rothra <email @ redacted> wrote:
The time has finally come after a year of hoping to get the pump. My new
Cozmo is to arrive today or tomorrow. I am going out of town for about 2
weeks and can hardly stand the thought of it sitting in a box until January
10th when my pump start is scheduled.

Is there anything wrong with hooking up myself just to deliver meal boluses
and continue taking my Lantus for my basal insulin? It seems like I
remember someone posting on here that they did that regularly. I feel
confident that I could handle doing this with boluses. However, I don't
feel comfortable just jumping in with basal rates so I wouldn't do that
until I get started with my doctor.

Like I said, it's been so long in coming, I can hardly stand not being able
to put it to use. Please give me your experienced opinions -- would it be
better just to wait?

Thanks!
Marcia R.