[IP] Getting started!

The time has finally come after a year of hoping to get the pump.  My new
Cozmo is to arrive today or tomorrow.  I am going out of town for about 2
weeks and can hardly stand the thought of it sitting in a box until January
10th when my pump start is scheduled.

Is there anything wrong with hooking up myself just to deliver meal boluses
and continue taking my Lantus for my basal insulin?   It seems like I
remember someone posting on here that they did that regularly.  I feel
confident that I could handle doing this with boluses.  However, I don't
feel comfortable just jumping in with basal rates so I wouldn't do that
until I get started with my doctor.

Like I said, it's been so long in coming, I can hardly stand not being able
to put it to use.  Please give me your experienced opinions -- would it be
better just to wait?

Thanks!
Marcia R.