[IP] setting basals

 I am new to pumping, just started on an ice blue cozmo on October 28. My endo
finally says I can take more control over my pumping, so here is my first
question for you all. Right now I have to have an bedtime snack in order to
avoid going low during the night. I want to stop having this snack. I
consistently have a low at 12:30 or 1:00 am. I know I should lower my basal 3-6
hours prior to this time but should I do it at 3 hours or somewhere in between
3-6 hours. I really need a starting point.
Thanks,
Betsy & Lit'l Bit, dx type 1 1981