[IP] Gkucagon Emergency Kits - Expiration Date

    I have a question about the expiration dates of Glucagon Emergency
Kits.
    My son was diagnosed about a year ago, and the next day we bought
two kits at the pharmacy.  In the midst of all the chaos surrounding his
diagnosis, I paid no attention to expiration dates, and was recently
surprised to notice that the kits will expire in a month.  I called
Lilly and was told that the kits come out of the factory with an
expiration date that is two years in the future.  Today, I called 5
pharmacies, and the best expiration date I could find is 12 months from
now.  I called Lilly back and asked how one could procure a kit with a
useful life of two years, and they were no help (suggesting that I call
more pharmacies).
    Over a person's lifetime, the cost difference between buying a
glucagon kit every year, verses every two years, is quite substantial.
Does anyone have a reasonable system for finding kits that are fresh
from the factory, and will therefore last close to two years?
    Thank you,
    John