RE: [IP] Monetary support

"Bob Kerns" <email @ redacted> wrote:
> Thanks!
>
> Perhaps there are people on this list who LIKE doing fundraising, who
> could be induced to volunteer? Write grant applications?

We have a volunteer staff of grant writers that have written MANY grant
proposals. The problem is that WE are middle class (read "well off")
people that are not perceived to "need" anything. I've spoken to the
directors of many foundations myself and been told several times that
they'd like to help, but Insulin Pumpers does not represent "animals",
"starving children", "abused women", or some kind of research. There is
no perceived need for what IP does. Financial support has to come from
those that perceive the need. i.e. the companies that sell product to
people with diabetes and those people themselves. The threads about how
little the public understands "our" problems fill a vast portion of our
archives. You know the problem about diabetes education, heck, even
many doctors are in the dark.

If you'd like to help with financial support, you are certainly
welcome. Those of us that have been working on it for years are not
making much headway, perhaps you can do better. Actions speak louder
than words. Lots of people have told us how to do it over the years,
without much effect. The few people that work HARD at raising money for
Insulin Pumpers have had limited success. Your efforts would be
welcome.

Michael