[IP] sharing a meter

I just found out from my son that one of his teachers who is diabetic
 "borrowed " his meter one day to check his blood sugar. I had given the nurse
 permission to share strips but not his meter. Do any of you know what the risks
are as far as sharing a meter this way? I think it only happened  once, and it
was on the spare meter which my son doesn't use anyway.  Do I  need to toss
that meter? It is a one- touch and my son is using the flash and  cozmonitor
now, I just had that one available as a back-up.  Also, when I  went to the
 school to pick up monitors, etc. to bring home over the Christmas break, I
found
out that the meter for Phys. Ed. had been kept in the  refrigerator all this
time, along with the juices, tabs, strips, etc.  Does  anyone know if these
 strips are now useless? How about the meter? They have been refrigerated for
three months!!

I guess I have some further educating to do.

Alida