Re: [IP] Hypoglycemic unawareness!

In a message dated 12/19/04 4:44:38 PM, email @ redacted writes:
> I check all the time while I'm out driving for fear my b.g. will drop and
> sometimes I'm not aware of it until my vision starts going or I get out of
> the car and stand up.  Not a good situation at all!
>
> Can't doctors write a prescription for test strips because of this?  That's
> how I get 300 strips every three months.
>
> Kathy Bruckmeyer

Kathy,

My current doc will write me scripts for 300 strips, but any I have had in
the past have refused.  Telling them I need to test a zillion times before,
during and after driving only brought a "Well then, you shouldn't be driving!"
response.   I have always had a hard time getting any of our insurances to pay
for that many strips as well.   Most have had a 120 strip per month limit.
Strip #121 and above were out of my pocket.   Trying to "be good" hasn't been
supported by those supposedly caring for me.

~ Michelle ~
Sequim, WA