Re: [IP] finally getting the pump!

>  I am still learing to count carbs and having some
>diffucilty I am on a 1:5 ratio target blood sugar of 150 for now. any
suggetions from you seasoned pumpers??

Main suggestion I have is write down everything, starting now.  I
keep an Excel spreadsheet on my diabetes on my computer, open it as
soon as I get up and stick blood sugars, boluses, basal changes, carb
counts, and general comments in all the time.  Since I've been
pumping set changes, reservoir changes, exercise, battery changes,
meter problems, and anything else that could conceivably affect blood
sugar go in as well.  Keeping track of how blood sugar responds to
shots, carbs and exercise now will help when you start the pump,
though you will probably find that with a variable basal you need
less total insulin.
--
Sue Ann Bowling, North Pole, Alaska