Re: [IP] Follow up to a question I asked

If my bg is 400-600, I  manually inject insulin into the muscle.  My doctor
warned me against  this, but it has worked well for me.  My bg is down in 1-2
hours.   Otherwise, it will take many hours to come down to normal.  I'm not
 sure why the dr. does not want a patient to do this, but it might be because of
the  possibility of going low if they take too much insulin.  I wouldn't
 suggest it for someone new to diabetes, but for some of you who have had d for
 many years, this is very effective. I have only used this method a few times.
 ellen