Re: [IP] Clinical ContinuousGlucose Monitoring meeting April 15th

At 8:36 PM -0600 12/18/04, drz wrote:
>The diabetes technology society is sponsoring this meeting on
>operating continuous BG monitors, interpreting continuous BG data,
>preventing hypoglycemia, linking BG data and insulin dosage with
>customized algorithms, incretin therapy and inhaled insulin.
>
>Anyone here plan to attend this meeting?  Just wondering how close
>they are to having some practical continuous BG monitors to hook up
>to our pumps.   Any thoughts or info on this? drz
>.

Do you mean the meeting in San Francisco?  Here's a Link to it:

    http://www.clinicaldiabetestechnology.org/

Personally I feel that we are still many years away from such a
scenario.  A product might become available outside of the US, but I
doubt the FDA would approve a system based on interstitial fluid
measurements.  To see where we are with the sensor technologies, go
to the I-P web page Link:

        http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/links.shtml#glucometers

George