[IP] Follow up to a question I asked

Linda & Dax
wrote:
When I have a bad high I will do my correction bolus...I then will check in
an hour just to make sure that the direction the BG's are going has changed. I
don't necessarily expect any great changes but I want to see that it is now
going down, rather than up. If it is - fine - wait check again in an hour - so
now it would be two hours post bolus - if it is still much higher than I would
calculate the IOB and if additional insulin were needed I would take some -
would also consider a snack at this point as well.

Now say if I was still going up - then I would change the set and take a
  bolus of 1/2 what I would normally - I go on the presumption that at least
SOME
 insulin MIGHT have reached me and I don't want to over do. Then same thing -
one
hour, two and so forth till the Bg's are indeed back in range.

Linda & Dax

drz comments:

At what point do you consider or try manual injection. I seldom have the
above scenarios but when I have
had them I try an injection by needle instead of second bolus to check
on whether
the insulin is getting in before I change the site.  I also do this to
check if I got
some bum insulin that lost its zip.  If the manual injection didn't work
at all, I would
try some from a new bottle.  When I had some leaky cartridges, the
insulin wasn't getting
in, but I couldn't figure out the problem.  I knew the insulin was good
from manual
injections and kept changing site daily to no avail.