Re: [IP] Monetary support

At 8:57 PM -0600 12/17/04, George wrote:
>>I have a couple of questions that bother me ... why does the IP list
>>run on it's own server in it's own building?  That's pretty expensive
>>when there are plenty of server spaces to rent.  I know, I went from
>>seperate server and building to renting service space and saved a
>>bundle.
>>.
>Did your server have over 4,600 subscribers?   Did you have separate
>Mailing Lists in Canada,  England, Scandinavia, Germany and
>Australia/New Zealand?   What was your total monthly bandwidth?
>Can you compare an apple to a watermelon?

And it is not a building but rather an office space.   Does your
server space send out mail for you?  Does it store and ship excess
infusion sets and other diabetic supplies?   Does it perform calls to
coordinate with the service organizations to provide insulin pumps to
disadvantaged children?   Does it perform the changes and additions
to the web pages?     ;>)   And does it do this no matter if the
person doing it is paid or not?    :>o

George

On another note:   Medtronic Fiscal Year 2003, Net Earnings 1,599.8
(figures in millions)
http://www.medtronic.com/annual03/MDT03pfRevised.pdf
Pretty soon we'll be talking about some REAL money!     SHOW me!!!