RE: [IP] I got off of my insulin pump.

Has anybody else in here switched back to shots from the pump?

NO!  And I hope I never have to!

After being on shots for 35 years, enough was enough.  This is so much
easier to make adjustments if blood sugars go nuts and I don't have to carry
around insulin and needles and fill them up in a bathroom. People don't stop
and stare and look at me like I'm some sort of a druggie shooting up.

My last a1c was 6.4 which is the best I've ever had in my whole diabetic
life ever since they started doing a1c's.

Each person has to do what they feel most comfortable with.  For you, it is
probably injections but I have a feeling sooner or later, you'll switch back
to the insulin pump.

I used to feel funny wearing the pump too but I got used to it and figured
if people didn't like it, tough!  I'm the one who has to live with the
diabetes, not them.

Good luck and I hope your blood sugars stay in good control back on mdi's.

Kathy Bruckmeyer