Re: [IP] Flu shots.. Aren't the diabetes afflicted considered high risk?

>I had always assumed that because I've got both Type I and MS that I'd be in
>the high risk group of patients.  So, I called my Dr yesterday to see if I
>could get in for a flu shot.   I was told that I wasn't a high risk, so my
>request was denied.
>
>Anyone else gotten this response when seeking a flu shot?  I'm wondering if I
>should call back and complain, especially since doctors are sending back flu
>vaccine due to lack of demand.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Brent

Yes, your doctor is sadly mistaken.   You have two "chronic" diseases
and are at risk.  Remind your doctor what "high-risk" is.   With the
unused vaccines available now you should be at the front of the line,
if there was a line.

George