[IP] Flu shots.. Aren't the diabetes afflicted considered high risk?

I had always assumed that because I've got both Type I and MS that I'd be in
the high risk group of patients.  So, I called my Dr yesterday to see if I
could get in for a flu shot.   I was told that I wasn't a high risk, so my
request was denied.

Anyone else gotten this response when seeking a flu shot?  I'm wondering if I
should call back and complain, especially since doctors are sending back flu
vaccine due to lack of demand.

Thanks,

Brent

According to the CDC:

"Get vaccinated as soon as possible if you're in any high-risk group.

The CDC recommends that these people get vaccinated this month: those over the
age of 65; residents of nursing homes; adults and children with chronic
pulmonary and cardiovascular disease; those with metabolic diseases like
diabetes, or a weakened immune system; those on long-term aspirin therapy;
pregnant women in the second or third trimester; and all health care workers."