Re: [IP] flu shots

At 10:26 PM -0500 12/16/04, email @ redacted wrote:
>Sylvia
>mom to Joshua- who will NEVER get another flu shot ever!!!  He has been so
>sick this whole week with the flu and it is over 6 weeks since getting the
>shot!!!  What a waste!!
>.

But he Might have been worse off without the vaccine.   Don't forget
that flu vaccines reduce the incidence of death by about 85%, and
that is also counting the elderly generation along with the
immuno-compromised.  So, it may not have been a waste at all.  I
remember one year without the flu shot.  Fortunately I survived that
and ever since then I do get it.  It is too great a risk without it.

George     :>)