Re: [IP] lab results that are kind of spooking me out here

<snip> Or can they  do nothing but wait till it gets "real bad" then
> dialyze?  (No offense to  those that do, but I sure as crap can't do that
with
> my veins.. They blow really  bad just getting a regular lab every month so
far
> with a 27 gauge butterfly...)  I am loosing my little mind here..
>  CALGON!!!!!!!!!!!! Do I cut out proteins in my foods now? Decrease
liquids..
> what??????

Shawna,

My first and foremost recommendation that I wish someone had advised me is,
ask for a referral to a nephrologist. They specialize in kidneys and know
more about them than endos or OBs. I was declining very fast (15% loss in
1.5 yrs), then saw a kidneyologist and the regression went to another 23%
loss but -- it took 8 add'l years.

I have very bad veins, but they do not stick the 15 g needles into *your*
veins. They would never hold up on anyone, so they insert a Gortex loop or a
fistula for dialyzing. BTW, I do not have to have any more elbow-pit draws
since they take any lab tests directly from the lines. Was there a lab draw
done as soon as you turned in your 24-collection? For a true creatinine
clearance, they have to be done *together*.

Your precious unborn baby needs that protein, and my first neph worked with
the Dr. at Johns-Hopkins who studied rats and protein. He said lowering the
protein worked on the rats, but humans are not rats. (well, that *could* be
debatable) hahaha

Jan (46 y/o if you don't count the weekends), dx'd T-1 11/5/50, pmpg
8/23/83) & Bluda II (MM508 8/31/04)
http://www.picturetrail.com/dmBASHpics (and EVOLUTION OF INSULIN PUMPS with
World's Youngest Pumper)

Stress is when you wake up screaming and then you realize you haven't fallen
asleep yet