RE: [IP] MM future pump

<snip> I am

Jan said:
> My thoughts are that *some* pumpers would correct everything
> over a certain number and acquire a build-up on insulin they
> do not need nor want. I have read of someone on the list
> correcting a 129. I'm elated if I'm under 140 and around
> 100 so I can drive. Some ppl get too anxious to correct
> and not allowing the IOB to fully work. I believe some
> of these reasons are why they didn't have the cgms let
> the user know the results in the beginning.

In my conversations with MM reps, they state that the long term plan is to
expose the readings and further along, close the loop.  But the FDA has the
same concerns that Jan outlined above, so they (The FDA) have only approved
the ability to alarm on present (High/Low) readings and download the
readings after-the-fact.

Mike