Re: [IP] strange experience with MM

Interesting.  I have an MM pump (and love it, if not the BD meter)
primarily because Medtronics sent a rep to Interior Alaska to give a
seminar on the pump. It wasn't a large attendance--I think I was the
only diabetic there not either on a pump or waiting for training.  I
mentioned the advice I'd had 6 years earlier from Mayo (don't even
try tight control, you have too many lows, just try and stay between
100 and 250) and she told me that had since been changed--that a pump
might actually cut down on lows.  (It has.)  I cross-checked with my
doctor--after all, the company rep could be expected to tout the
benefits of the pump, I figured.  She sent me to the doctor who does
most of the pump work for my clinic, he found out that I was taking 5
shots a day and tested considerably more than 4 times a day, and
immediately put me on the pump.  Don't know if my next pump will be
MM--it will depend in part on the features available when I need a
replacement.  But if I decide to go with another company it will not
be based on the service I've had so far,which has been excellent.
--
Sue Ann Bowling, North Pole, Alaska