[IP] Insulin and complications

In a message dated 12/15/2004 12:23:16 P.M. Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

combining insulin pump therapy with the traditional oral  antidiabetic
drugs used for milder type 2 cases, in order to increase  insulin sensativity

Peter,

I actually did this.  Though I am type I, my doc tried me on a  combination
of Avandia and another drug (cannot remember the name).  I  gained a lot of
weight very quickly and stopped the orals.  The benefit to  me was about a 25%
reduction in overall insulin useage.  It was not worth  the result.

Bud