Re: [IP] insulin and complications

 I am not a "professional", but I am Type 1 with insulin resistance and so
therefore I take Actos along with my Novolog. The Actos helps my body use the
insulin, but at least in my case, it does not lower the amount of insulin I take
nor does it raise the insulin to carb ratio.....so far. The only difference I
have noticed in using both the insulin and the Actos is that finally my BS most
of the time are where I think they should be after a meal and bolus, which is
such a relief for me.
Tina

I've often wondered whether or not there might actually BE another option. That
would be combining insulin pump therapy with the traditional oral antidiabetic
drugs used for milder type 2 cases, in order to increase insulin sensativity.
That might allow those of us who are not only type 1, but also insulin
resistant, to use lower insulin doses. Any thoughts?

Peter