[IP] Getting in a habit of exercise.

Kathleen Wrote:
 The best thing about having my own free weights and treadmill, is that I have
absolutely NO excuses. I've had problems with leg pain, and so
 I have had days where I've done my exercise 5 minutes at a time. I figure doing
it that way is much better than doing nothing, but I'd
had never attempted that in the public gym.

Ricardo Responds:
 I agree that a home gym is very convenient and can help eliminate the excuses
that stop a person from exercising. I also have a home gym and stair stepper to
use at home and I know I am exercising more than if I were going to a public
gym.

 I like that I have eliminated the commute to the gym and weather related
excuses. I don't have to wipe someone's sweat off the equipment before I use it.
No more body odors, perfume and cologne to make me nauseous. I don't have to
wait for anyone to finish using a piece of equipment before I use it. Many
public gyms have oversold memberships and therefore have time limits for
equipment use. The home gym eliminates this. Sometimes the other gym members
want to talk more than they workout which only serves to lengthen my workouts
and gave me another excuse not to go. Dress codes are not always enforced and
some members come in with a minimal amount of clothes which can be distracting.
I know that some feel this is a good reason to go to the gym!!!

 Diabetes management wise I have decreased my daily basal totals by 2 units. My
resting heart rate is down over 10 beats per minute and I just have an overall
general feeling of wellness. Thus far my assessment has been confirmed by my lab
tests.

 The home gym does not work for everyone. Some need the community atmosphere of
a public gym for motivational purposes. Home gym equipment will only serve as
clothes racks or inventory for a great yard sale after a short period of time.