Re: [IP] insulin and complications

In a message dated 12/15/04 9:52:04 AM Eastern Standard Time, email @ redacted
writes:

>For quite some time there was controversy relative to high levels of insulin
in
>the blood stream and cardiovascular disease, among other things.

My understanding of this one is that they've never separated out well
 controlled diabetics from uncontrolled diabetics in the studies linking high
levels
of insulin and heart disease, and if they did, they'd find it's the high blood
glucose combined with large amounts of insulin that does people in.

Those who keep BG as close to normal as possible, using whatever method
works, have less heart disease.

I use large amounts of insulin.  I"m very insulin resistant.  Better to use
lots of insulin and have lower BG.

Stacey