Re: [IP] insulin and complications

In a message dated 12/15/2004 8:43:21 AM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:
I've often wondered whether or not there might actually BE another option.
That
would be combining insulin pump therapy with the traditional oral antidiabetic
drugs used for milder type 2 cases, in order to increase insulin sensativity.
That might allow those of us who are not only type 1, but also insulin
resistant, to use lower insulin doses.  Any thoughts?

Actually I was on rezulin with my insulin way back when soon after I was dx'd
- but we all know what happened with that. I now just started with a new endo
and she thinks that may be the way she wants to go. But first I did a CGMS,
and she also found that my thyroid may be having problems - had the scan for
that last week. I see her again in a couple of weeks to go over things. To be
continued....

Linda & dax