RE: [IP] Fwd: Fw: Suicide on the instalment plan.(Diet coke)

Give me a break

If you are going to make such broad stroke statements about a product and cite
universities etc - At least be good enough to link to the specific reference or
gove enough detail so it can be confirmed.

Its funny that a hoax debunking site that provides links and references is
deemed no more credible than the hoax itself.

To state that Aspartame is classifed as a drug as far as you know is nothing
more than an unsubstantiated scare tactic.

To use your words "PLEASE DON'T FORGET that urban myth web sites are also "INFO
YOU GET ON THE WEB"!!!!!!! -  You have no more reason to believe these emails
than any other"

http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~lrd/tpaspart.html
Here is quote from FDA
http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/qa-adf9.html
" Is aspartame safe?
 After reviewing scientific studies, FDA determined in 1981 that aspartame was
safe for use in foods. In 1987, the General Accounting Office investigated the
process surrounding FDA's approval of aspartame and confirmed the agency had
acted properly. However, FDA has continued to review complaints alleging
adverse reactions to products containing aspartame. To date, FDA has not
determined any consistent pattern of symptoms that can be attributed to the use
of aspartame, nor is the agency aware of any recent studies that clearly show
safety problems.
"

Here is link to Stanford University medical schools information
http://prevention.stanford.edu/education/library/03_04.asp

"After reviewing the latest data, scientific advisors to the European Union
recently confirmed that aspartame is SAFE. Other authorities, including the
FDA, American medical Association, and WHO, have reached to the same
conclusion.
"
I found no info on any specific stanford studies on aspartame - there are a few
blog entries that seem to be associated with stanford that talk about the
Rumsfeld connection but a blog isnt a reliable source to me

Dont mean this as an attack but I had to reply

My nickels worth

Doug