RE: [IP] Fwd: Fw: Suicide on the instalment plan.(Diet coke)

At 09:26 AM 12/15/2004, you wrote:
 >Sorry, I couldn't read the last part.  My eyes were rolling too far back in
 >my head....
 >
 >To counter the claims, where is the data?

The problem with all these types of things is that there is no scientific
data to show that it is detrimental to your health. Most of these "scare"
stories are what are called "anecdotal" stories or based on observations in
an uncontrolled situation. Real science uses controlled studies that are
reproducible and are published in peer-reviewed journals.

As far as the idea that industry is suppressing such types of studies,
there are too many independent labs, universities and doctors to keep
anything like that under wraps for long. Just look at the recent Vioxx
fiasco as a good example of what happens.

Sam