RE: [IP] Fwd: Fw: Suicide on the instalment plan.(Diet coke)

Sorry, I couldn't read the last part.  My eyes were rolling too far back in
my head....

To counter the claims, where is the data?

a:  huh?  Sounds like diatribe to me.
b:  More of point a.  I can say that the sun is the size of a nickel (About
the same size in front of your face, but don't try this at home, folks.) but
that doesn't make it true.
c:  So, diabetics would be a good place to look for these symptoms, since we
have a good reason to drink lotsa diet coke.  For that matter, diet pepsi,
Fresca, Diet RC cola.  I noticed Tab isn't on this list.  These may be the
same people that decried saccharine in the 70's.  Look at the pink package
of artificial sweetener; no warnings of cancer in your lab rats anymore...
d:  Sounds like removal of aspartame will bring world peace, too.  We will
all join hands and sing, "We are the world" upon the removal of aspartame.
e:  7 monkeys (and if this were the Spirit List, I'd mention congress) is
not a statistically large enough population to come to any reasonable
conclusions.  If I took 7 people in your family and did a study, I would
have to find that all people had the last name, "Jones".
f:  Coke did have vending machines raise the price with the temperature, and
I say, "good for them!"  But then, I'm a free marketer.  Oh well.  There may
be a point here with the whole "no sugar, brain wants food" thing.  I have
had a harder time keeping off weight since resuming my habit of drinking
diet coke vs. water.  But it also may be marriage, too...  I can't wait to
see the "marriage causes obesity e-mail" coming to the (insert name of
canned meat product here) vendors.
g:  Their names, and where can I get the source of this claim?  Hmmm...
What about bloggers?  They seem to be uncovering all kinds of cover-ups
nowadays...
h:  Monsanto's stock is in the toilet?  Maybe the toilet on the 40th floor
of the Empire State building...  Not the highest, but not the lowest,
either...  Check out the five year chart:
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=MON&t=5y&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=
Speaking of that, Coca Cola's is down aobut 35% over the last 5 years:
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=KO&t=5y

I went to Google to look at who the heck Doug Ivester was, and here is what
I got from the industry insider magazine, "Beverage Digest":
Doug Ivester -- chairman of board and CEO of Coca-Cola Co -- shocks industry
and Wall Street with Dec. 6 announcement that he resigns effective April
2000.

Sooo, if 5 year old news is news indeed, let's just say, that this whole
e-mail (including anything I say) should be checked out before belief (and
forwarding) is achieved.

Sources:

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/acid.asp
http://www.snopes.com/toxins/aspartame.asp
http://www.kats-korner.com/health/aspartame.html  (This is a aspartame
negative site with references.  I haven't checked them out, though...)

(Back to the regularly scheduled rant...)

;)

Jeff

THIS IS LIFE SAVING INFORMATION.  PLEASE CIRCULATE TO YOUR FAMILY, FRIENDS,
AND ALL THOSE YOU LOVE.............

Subject: Suicide on the instalment plan.

CRUMPLED COKE CAN POETIC JUSTICE
The photo of a crumpled can of Diet Coke told the story in the Atlanta
Journal
Constitution, 30-1-2000, Coke's hometown paper. Fitting, poetic, just, but
tragic for the company once rated "The Most Admired Business in the World".
Today Coke wouldn't even make the list. Sales are down, profits collapsing,
and 6,000 employees soon will be gone.   (To make room for 6,000 defence
attorneys?)
The tragedy is stupendously larger than 6,000 jobs; it affects hundreds of
millions of unwarned, innocent, afflicted consumers across the broad face of
planet earth.

  a.. This crisis can't be solved  by belt tightening, greater efficiency,
more advertising, etc. It's so bad  Coke can't say the word; to pronounce it
will bring instant cataclysm. That  word is aspartame, and their only
recourse
is  denial, denial, denial, though every ad and commercial builds higher the
scaffold upon which Coke shall surely hang.
  b.. Reality is in that twisted  Diet coke can. It's poison. It's killing
the
unborn, raining tumours and  seizures on the population, destroying
children,
incapacitating workers,  mimicking MS, erasing memory and blinding.
  c.. Inexorably Diet Coke visits a  plague of 92 symptoms listed by our FDA
on a secret report they'll never show  which names diet soda as the first
source of aspartame disease. And yes, Death  was one of the 92.
  d.. Diet Coke is  poison. And it's  addictive, some victims drink several
litres a day and keep it on their  nightstands. If Coke changes the formula
remove aspartame the world will  heal and the surge of hatred and vengeance
by
the disabled and bereaved shall  certainly destroy Coca Cola.
  e.. The poison in Diet Coke is  aspartame. As a member of the National
Soft
Drink Association, Coke opposed  FDA approval of aspartame for beverages.
Their objections, running to several  pages published in the Congressional
Record of 5/7/85, said aspartame  is uniquely and inherently unstable and
breaks down in the can. It decomposes  into formaldehyde, methyl alcohol,
formic acid, diketopiperazine and other  toxins. In a study on 7 monkeys 5
had
grand mal seizures and  one died, a casualty rate of 86%.
  f.. Coke knew; and knowing, broke  their good faith contract with
customers,
a breach exhibited by the recent  plot to program vending machines to raise
the price with the temperature.  Dissatisfied with selling flavoured sugar
water plus phosphoric acid, they  switched to pushing an addictive formula
called "Diet". Addictive substances  multiply markets, so Diet Coke soared
off
the sales charts, spreading obesity  in its flight. We're fatter because
aspartame suppresses seratonin and makes  us crave carbohydrates. Our brain
is
programmed to expect calories and  carbohydrates when experiencing a sweet
taste. When it doesn't get them, it  triggers HUNGER.
  g.. So why is  aspartame/NutraSweet/Equal/Diet Coke/Diet Pepsi/etc on the
market and in  thousands of foods? Can you say CORRUPTION?  One FDA
Commissioner and one acting Commissioner have changed sides  to work in the
NutraSweet industry, plus 6 underlings and two federal  attorneys assigned
prosecute NutraSweet for submitting fraudulent tests to  get it approved.
"It's like a script for Abbott & Costello." lamented an  honest FDA
scientist
writing to Senator Metzenbaum. It works like  this: "Approve our poison, and
when you  stop being a bureaucrat we'll make you a plutocrat! After its
licensed we'll pay off the American Dietetics, the American Diabetes
Association, the AMA and anyone we need who's for sale."
  h.. The jig's up! Worldwide  consumer action has exposed aspartame, and
millions have kicked the habit.  Coke's profits are down 37% and for a year
Monsanto's been trying to sell The  NutraSweet Company. Finally they sold
NSC,
producer of the phenylalanine in  NutraSweet for $125 million. Now Monsanto
faces a $71 million lawsuit for  exaggerating profits. Monsanto stock is in
the toilet, but they may have found  a buyer in the Swiss firm
Pharmacia-Upjohn. P.U. for short! The deal won't  finalize for a year. The
plans are to ditch the Monsanto name, as its stench  is unendurable. CEO Bob
Shapiro may soon be history, like Doug Ivester of Coke  who just resigned.

Will the last one out please turn out the lights!
The next time you reach for a diet drink (or some Sweet & Low), please
consider some fruit juice. You will be much healthier.

Have a great diet-soda-free day.

------ End of Forwarded Message