Re: [IP] testing or relying on guess or by golly!

> We've been on a pump from end of Feb 2002
> first the 508 and the now the Paradigm 511. I tried to think what the
> reading would be and many, many times I was wrong, very wrong.

But, it is a lot different guessing at your *own* BG, rather than someone
else's. I know of a teacher who always made it a game with his students at
guessing his BG. He always won cuz the students had no experience at how he
felt.

> The ones where I thought my hubby would be low and he was high
> are the scariest. What if I had bolussed without looking, testing?

If you thought he was low, but it was actually high it would have been scary
to bolus without the proper correction factor as well, besides we don't
bolus for lows. I think what was written was reversed. In the olden days we
used to take a coverage shot based on no knowledge. One lady regularly had
to have EMTs called later. We had no clue as to how much to cover. Today we
have carb/insulin ratios and correction factors to use with BG info.

Jan (46 y/o if you don't count the weekends), dx'd T-1 11/5/50, pmpg
8/23/83) & Bluda II (MM508 8/31/04)
http://www.picturetrail.com/dmBASHpics (and EVOLUTION OF INSULIN PUMPS with
World's Youngest Pumper)

A leading authority is anyone who has guessed right more than once