Re: [IP] insulin and complications

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:51:23 -0500, you wrote:

 >> Of course, the obvious is there is no choice in the matter anyway. Like
myself,
>>with a ratio of 1:4, I could cut back on carbs "til the cows come home" and
>>would still have to inject a lot of insulin.

 I've often wondered whether or not there might actually BE another option. That
would be combining insulin pump therapy with the traditional oral antidiabetic
drugs used for milder type 2 cases, in order to increase insulin sensativity.
That might allow those of us who are not only type 1, but also insulin
resistant, to use lower insulin doses.  Any thoughts?

Peter