Re: [IP] Plea for a pump

Shawna,
What a great christmas present it would be.....this is
how i finally got my insulin pump was from a
donation....i could not of asked for a better way to
get it....some family friends knew a person that was
on a pump and had gone into renal failure and was not
using the pump anymore and knew that i was wanting the
pump and so this nice couple donated there pump to
me...please do note that it is very important for
techincal support people to recieve a letter from
whoever is donating the pump saying that they are
donating the pump so that you are able to get the pump
fixed if something were to go wrong with it....when i
got my minimed this did not take place and somethign
went wrong with it in the middle of the night and when
i called them to ask what to do they stated that this
pump did not belong to me and that i would need a
letter before they could do anything about it....thank
goodness for a fax machine....but just a word to the
wise that a letter of donation might be needed....if
no one donates please let me know it wont be in time
for christmas but i am suppose to qualify for a new
pump the first of the year....i am more then willing
to give my old one to someone who will need it....what
a great thought
Krista