RE: [IP] Man dies - consequences to us

Before reading this, I had replied to an earlier message and agree
wholeheartedly that we will more than likely "lose or driving priviledges"

jimb

I don't understand how a person would be able to drive but can't test his
own blood sugar.

Responding to: > I also don't advise diabetics to keep their blood sugars
high so they won't  pass out when they test infrequently. They are only
putting their future health in jeopardy.

They will not have future health if they kill themselves or others passing
out behind the wheel.

Responding to: Maybe, if this stuff happened often enough, diabetics would
get enough financial support....... If my husband passes out at the wheel
and kills someone--I can only hope he takes out 10--I will say, "I told you
so!" and sleep very well at night.

If this happens more often, diabetics will not "get" anything. We will lose
our privilege to drive. If one of those 10 is your child or your parent or
you friend, I think you would not sleep for some time to come.

Responding to: I live with the consequences of my husband's unmanaged
blood sugar levels every day.

I am very sorry that you have to live with these consequences but I don't
think it is fair for you to expect others to live with the consequences of
his passing out at the wheel.

email @ redacted
dx Type 1 1/2002
Cozmo pumping since 1/2003
CoZmore pumping & testing since 09/02/04