[IP] long term damage from a finger poke?!

I test a lot, and I know how to do it, but a couple weeks ago I did a painful
finger poke which STILL HURTS.  In 10 years this has never happened to me
before.  I tested on the inside/side of my pinky tip and boy, it hurt a lot
when I poked, felt like I'd hit the bone.  My little BD lancer is set on 3.
The needle isn't long enough to do any damage, so why does my pinky still hurt
after so long?  There wasn't even a mark left on the day I did it.  Did I hit
a nerve?  It's such an annoyance and I hope it goes away.  Has this happened
to anyone else?

Yessi Palmer