Re: [IP] pump question concerning possible doctor's commissions

 If not mistaken, that story has been around almost as long as the one about the
police officer winning a microwave for writing the most tickets. :)
don

Bruce Felstein <email @ redacted> wrote:
What is happening is that certain unnamed companies instead of
directly paying the doctors, hold seminars in Hawaii, Tahiti, and
other such places and pay for the doctors and their families to attend
(airfare, hotel and meals included.). Another one that is used is to
loan staff to the doctor's office, such as CDEs for use as trainers on
the pumps. I know several endos who have full time CDEs that do
nothing but pump training and these trainers are on the payroll of the
pump company and not the endo's office. There are always ways to get
around the laws for self referring and taking referral fees. My ex
used to work in the continuing ed dept of a major med school and used
to see this happening all the time. So don't kid yourself that just
because there is a law that this doesn't happen. They always find a
way around it

Just my $0.02

Bruce